There are some Roku Remote that includes Wireless or IR technologies to command your Roku streaming player and seamlessly command aspects of your TV. Once you have done with the Roku Player setup, setup for new Enhanced Roku Remote, you can turn on/off the volume, power on/off for the selected TV brand and model.
Read More :- How to Fix Roku Infrared Remote Problems
Things To Know Before Setting Up Roku Enhanced Remote?
Well, During the initial setup and activation of the Roku device, You can also set up your Roku Enhanced remote. Therefore you will be able to control the volume and power of your Roku smart TV. Also, you can set up this later just by visiting the Settings > Remote > Set up Remote for TV control.
Read More :- Know How to Turn Off Roku Device
Although during the Roku remote setup, your Roku streaming player will attempt to automatically detect the brand of your TV. It will do so over the HDMI connection and program Roku enhanced remote to tv. In such cases where the brand of TV unable to be detected automatically.
Then you will be guided through a series of simple steps to manually enter the brand of your TV and help to program Roku remote to tv. Also, you can see the setup section below.
Read More :- Fix Roku Device is in connection to the internet
- If the information is gathered via HDMI, Then only the brand of your connected device can be detected and entered directly to your Roku player.
- Due to this specific reason, we always recommend you connect the Roku streaming player directly to your smart TV during the initial setup.
- If you desire to set up the Roku media player for surround sound. Then temporarily connect your Roku streaming device directly to your smart TV.
- Also, complete the setup before making any other connections to the audio/video receiver or soundbar.
Read More :- How to Search Movies or TV Shows on Roku
Enhanced Roku Remote Setup during Initial Setup and Activation
During the set-up process of your Roku player for the first time, just connect your Roku Player to the Internet and set the display type before the screen is presented to check it remotely. It is the first step for setting up your new Roku Remote to command the volume and power for your TV.
Read More :- How to Cast YouTube or Netflix on Roku
Before starting, set your TV volume at the audio level. As soon as you choose, keep your Enhanced Roku Remote Point directly on a TV.
- To start, choose to Check Roku Remote Settings.
- When you hear playing music, choose Yes to confirm. If not, try to increase the volume by your TV remote.
- After this, your Roku player will try to mute the volume for the detected TV brand through the remote code. If the music stops playing, choose yes. If the music does not stop, choose No. That means your Roku player is not finding the right information about your TV. however, you can manually enter the brand by choosing Enter TV brand. As soon as you enter the brand using the on-screen keyboard, the list on the right will be populated.
Read More:- Fix No Sound in Video Error on Roku
- After choosing a brand, the music will start playing again. If you listen to it, then choose Yes. As before, your Roku player will try to mute the volume again, this time by using several remote codes for the TV brand you have entered. After trying each code, you will be asked whether the music stops playing or not. When this happens, choose yes.
- Your Enhanced Roku Remote has now programmed to operate your TV’s volume and power. To continue, you have to choose OK.
Read More :- Know Everything About Roku YouTube Account
Roku Enhanced Remote Setup after Initial Setup and Activation
After activation and installation of your Roku player, you can access the settings menu to set up the Roku Remote to command your TV at any time. If your Roku player connected to AVR or sound bar, we recommend connecting your TV temporarily to the TV during setup to successfully identify your TV brand.
Read More :- How To Fix Roku Overheating Problems
- On your Roku Enhanced Remote, Press Home button.
- Choose Settings by scrolling up or down.
- In this step, choose Remote and then choose Remote Setup for TV Control.
- choose Start to setup your Roku Enhanced Remote automatically to command the volume and power on your TV.
- Follow the instructions as shown on-screen prompts to complete the process.
Read More:- Know why Roku device stopped working?
We hope you are satisfied with the above details. For more guidance, visit Roku customer service. Our experts are available 24×7 to deal with your concerns.