Your Roku streaming player provides you access to the audio and video from the Internet. This process helpful and maintain your Roku streaming device & Connect Your Roku to your home network and the internet. Any time check the quality of the connection.
Read More :- How to Fix Roku Infrared Remote Problems
At that time Roku streaming devices connected to a wireless network, and it also has an Ethernet port. Follow the instructions to Connect Your Roku Streaming Device to Home Network and the Internet:
Read More :- Know How to Turn Off Roku Device
Roku Streaming With The Wired Connection
When you the first time used the Roku device, then setup will begin automatically. This process can be established a connection and Connect Your Roku with your home network and the Internet, do some settings, then activate your Roku devices and configure preference.
Read More :- Fix Roku Device is in connection to the internet
Before you begin setup, your Roku streaming device has to be connected via the wired connection or wireless connection. If you are using the wired network, then attached the one side Ethernet port on your compatible Roku device and another side attached to your router.
Read More :- How to Search Movies or TV Shows on Roku
Roku Streaming With Wireless Connection
In the wireless connection, you need the wireless network name (sometimes known as SSID means Service Set Identifier) and password to access. These points of interest are likely the same as what you utilize while interfacing your computer or smartphone to the web at your home.
Read More :- How to Cast YouTube or Netflix on Roku
To Connect Your Roku To Wi-Fi For The First Time follow the steps:
- Once you have a new Roku streaming device. Connected it to power and turn powered on. Then you will be guided through a connection setup process. It includes connecting to the Roku stick or Roku streaming box to the internet.
Read More :- Fix No Sound in Video Error on Roku
- During the setup of Roku streaming boxes and Roku TVs. You will prompt to choose either Wired or Wireless connection mode to a router and the internet.
- If you choose the Wired option. Then don’t forget to connect your Roku streaming box or smart TV to your router using an Ethernet cable.
Read More :- Know Everything About Roku YouTube Account
- Your Roku streaming device will directly connect to the home network and to the internet. Once it confirmed you are able to continue with the remaining steps to set up for your Roku device.
- If you select the Wireless option, You should know there are some additional steps. That needs to complete the connection process before moving on to the rest of the Roku device setup steps.
Read More :- How To Fix Roku Overheating Problems
- If you are doing a wireless connection setup for the first time. Your Roku streaming device will automatically scan for any available networks within the range.
- Although once the list of available networks appears. You can find and choose any of your own wireless network from the list of those available networks.
Read More:- Know why Roku device stopped working?
- However, If you are not able to see your home network option within the list. Then you can select “Scan again” to see all available networks and check if it will appear on the next listing.
- Once you select your network. It will let you check to see that the Wi-Fi and internet connection both are working properly or not? If they are working properly, then you can proceed further. And if it’s not working, then make sure that you have chosen the correct network.
Read More :- How to Enable Closed Caption on Roku
- Once the Roku device confirms, it may connect to your network. But you must need to enter your network password. After that, you enter your password then select the Connect option. If the password was entered correctly, then you will see a confirmation about stating your Roku device. That has connected to your home network and the internet.
- Once your Roku device is connected. Then your Roku streaming player will automatically search for any available firmware or software updates. If there is any update found, you should download and install them.
Read More :- How to Get Disney Now Channel on Roku
You need to wait for this process to complete before you move on to the additional setup steps or viewing.
Connect Your Roku To Home Network and Internet
During connection setup, follow some steps.
Read More :- How to Stream My Content on Roku via USB
Step 1:- Select the Wired or wireless.
- If you choose the wired connection, then it will Connect Your Roku to your home network and the Internet.
- If you choose the wireless connection, then go to the second step.
Step 2:- Select the wireless network from your available network. If you didn’t see your network then scan our network and see all network. Choose only one network and go to step 3.
Read More:- Know to find wireless Name and Password on Roku
Step 3:- Enter the password to access your wireless network. If you enter them, you want to see the password then click the button “Show password”. And if you enter the wrong password, then it doesn’t Connect Your Roku to your network, so you have to enter the correct password for the network connection.
After your Roku streaming device connected, then download and installed the latest version software for the device, and your Roku streaming device will restart.
Read More :- Increased Storage Space With MicroSD on Roku
Roku Streaming Device Setting
If you Connect Your Roku to your home network and the Internet was not working during a setup or your network has changed, then you need to change your connection. Roku device setting using some instructions below.
Read More:- Know How to Cancel Roku Subscription
- Press the home button on your Roku device.
- Select the Setting.
- Select the Network.
- Choose to set up a connection.
- Choose Wired or Wireless.
- If you choose the wired connection, then the Roku device will connect to your network and the Internet. The Wired connection does not appear on a Roku device without an Ethernet port.
- If you choose wireless, then go to the next step.
Read More :- Know How to Create Roku Account
6:- Choose your wireless network from the available network. After selecting the network, enter the password.
Solve Connectivity Issues
1. Enter the wireless network name correctly: If selecting the wrong wireless network, then your wireless network connection fails. So, choose the correct name of the wireless network.
Read more :- Know 15 Tips to Stop Video Buffering on Roku
2. Enter the password correctly: If you enter the wrong password, then it doesn’t connect to the wireless network because the network password is case-sensitive.
3. Your router is working properly or not: Using a computer or smartphone device, then connect to your home network and the Internet. If you connect to the internet from any device, then your router doesn’t provide the Internet connection.
Read More :- How to get Google Play showtime subscription
4. Wireless signal improved: If your password, the name is correct and any devices can be connected to the network, but your Roku device is failed to connect to your wireless network, the all probability issue is the strength to your wireless network.
Read More :- Know how to activate and set up a Roku account
5. Restart your router and Roku device:
- Roku device unplugs from the power source, wait a few minutes and then reconnected.
- In the router case, sometimes you can simply unplug it and plug it back in and other cases may require the pressing reset button on the device.
Read More :- Know about the 21 best Roku streaming channels list
At the end of the article, we hope that after following or applying the above instructions. You will able to connect your Roku streaming stick or Roku devices to the wireless internet connection with your smart TV or Roku Smart TV. Also, we hope that now you have got all your answer to the queries related to how to Connect Your Roku Streaming Device To Home Network And Internet?
If still you are unable to connect your Roku streaming player or Roku smart TV to the desired internet service provider, Then you can call our experts at our toll-free Roku customer service to get instant support.