There is no need to tell you the introduction or history of Roku because it is already a famous brand all over the USA. But if we are talking about its background then sometimes, you will face the problem with your Roku remote.
Read More :- How to Fix Roku Infrared Remote Problems
These Roku remote Problems are depending on the type of remote you have. Here we are helping you to resolve these remote problems in Roku.
Read More :- Know How to Turn Off Roku Device
Fix Your Roku Remote Problems
Before the correction, you should first clear which type of remote you use with your Roku streaming player.
Read More :- Fix Roku Device is in connection to the internet
Fix Problem Via Types of Roku Remote
- Enhanced point
- Standard Infrared remote
If you are not determining the type of remote then, you can remove the cover from the battery and you can look for a pairing button. The pairing button is called Enhanced remote.
Read More :- How to Search Movies or TV Shows on Roku
This type of remote control uses anywhere, even, you can use the home wireless network to send a signal. You can point it anywhere, it does not need to point directly on the Roku device. Without a direct connection, you can work on this. Install your Roku device behind your TV or closer to the door.
Read More :- How to Cast YouTube or Netflix on Roku
The first step tries to connect remotely with a Roku device by pairing. After pairing, there will be a message for setting up your Roku device. After a minute, the pairing process will complete and it will ready to work.
If your Enhanced remote is not working then use troubleshoot to resolve the problem.
Read More :- Fix No Sound in Video Error on Roku
- Restart Roku device and Roku player: Switch off the Roku device and remove the batteries from your remote. Then remove the cable from your Roku device and wait for 5 seconds and then restart the cable. When the Roku will display screen, then insert your battery. After that, you should wait for 30 seconds to see the connection of your Roku device.
Read More:- Know Everything About Roku YouTube Account
- Repair the remote: Open the battery and remove the battery from your device. Remove the cable from the Roku device and wait for 5 seconds. And then reconnect the cable. When the device will display a home screen, then insert your battery. Long press the power button for 5 seconds to see the pairing light flashes. If not flashes the light, then again do the same process and wait for 20 seconds. Your remote pairing will start only if the pairing is successful.
Read More:- How To Fix Roku Overheating Problems
- Change the remote battery: Open the battery and remove the battery from the remote device. And fix the new battery. Before fixing the new battery remove your cable and wait for 5 seconds. After that give to display a screen on Roku and wait for 20 seconds to restart the device.
Read More :- How to Enable Closed Caption on Roku
- Replace the remote: Above all the steps fail to solve the problem then, you must replace your remote by purchasing a new remote.
Standard Infrared Remote
It is just opposite to Enhanced remote. In the infrared remote, the remote will pointed directly to work. Sometimes the signal can be blocked in that case it will not work. So solving the problem following steps are there.
Read More :- Roku device stopped working
- Make sure that the front panel of your Roku device is visible: By holding a remote, make sure that nothing blocks the devices. If there is any problem, then remove them and move the Roku somewhere. After that, it will start to work properly.
Read More:- How to Get Disney Now Channel on Roku
- Make sure that the battery is set in the proper way: Remove the battery cover and ensure that the battery is set properly if not, then reinsert your battery.
- Change the battery: Sometimes the battery may be dead. At that time remove the battery and insert a new battery.
- Change the remote: If all the above steps fail to solve the problem, then replace your remote by purchasing a new remote.
Read More :- How to Stream My Content on Roku via USB
I hope this will help you to resolve your issue related to your Roku remote problems. If still need assistance then call us at our toll-free Roku customer service number.
Try To Pair Your Roku Remote To Resolve Problem
Let’s assume that you’ve already tried replacing the batteries. Well, you will find these troubleshooting steps useful in this guide. Also, it has exhaustive details about How to replace Roku remote batteries? but if you’re here, you’ve almost certainly tried that already.
Read More:- Know to find wireless Name and Password on Roku
Instead, let’s take a look at the second most common cause of Roku remote woes: pairing. When you first try to set up your Roku player, it will automatically pair with your remote control. Although, some newer models will pair your remote control directly with your TV. Thus you can control TV volume and power settings too.
The trouble is that a variety of factors can disrupt this pairing, from shaky Wi-Fi to a factory reset. Also, if your Roku remote control will not interact with your device? Then your streaming box is basically inoperable. Luckily, every Roku device has an easy way to re-establish the connection.
Read More :- Increased Storage Space With MicroSD on Roku
Here is the steps to follow:
- Remove the back cover from your Roku remote.
- Underneath the batteries, you should see a small circular button.
- Bring your remote close to your Roku device,
- Then hold down that button for 3 seconds.
- A pairing dialogue should pop up on the screen within a few more seconds.
If the pairing screen doesn’t pop up, you can try:
Read More :- Know How to Cancel Roku Subscription
- Removing and reinserting the batteries first.
- Rebooting your Roku device (most devices has a physical button for it)
- hold down the pairing button while the device starts up.
- Pairing Roku remote on a different wireless network.
However, WI-FI strength is a big reason that sometimes it fails remote pairing. The connection will persist, even after you bring it back to the original network.