Netflix profiles are great supports to subscribers you can set up parental control for kids in the family, or simply to separate your own interests or viewing habits. You can create five different profiles for a single account on Netflix, but you can’t delete the original profile at this time. Once you create the profile, it will appear on all of your devices. Reset Netflix Profile and Switch Netflix Accounts on Roku very easily by applying the following steps which are discussed in the next phase. You can easily change Netflix Profiles from the Roku media streaming player and also you will get all the features of the Roku streaming device.
How to Manage or Create a Netflix Profile
Every device has different functionality, but managing your profiles is virtually the same across most devices. Now we discuss first how to manage profiles on your computer;
- Open the netflix.com in a web browser.
- Now sign in to your Netflix account if required.
- Netflix will load either the browser screen or the Who is watching the screen.
- In the browser screen, Netflix displays the available movies and shows. On the screen go to the top-right corner and click the Profile button. You can easily find this button because this button is just to the right of the notifications button.
- After clicking on the profile button, a drop-down menu will appear. Click on manage profiles.
- Now, you can create a new profile from the “Who’s watching?” screen or the manage profile screen by clicking the button with the plus (+) sign.
- Enter the name of the profile.
- If this profile is child-related, click the kid checkbox.
- Click to save the profile and come back to the Manage Profile screen.
Customize a few settings in your new profile, especially if it means the profile for a child.
How to Set Netflix Parental Controls on Windows or Mac
Edit a Profile: Go to the Manage Profiles screen and edit your Netflix profiles by clicking on it.
Rename: You can change the name of the profile as you want by clicking on the name and typing in a different one.
Choose a New Image: In the lower-left corner of the profile icon to change the picture, click the pencil icon. But unfortunately, you cannot upload your own photo.
Set the Maturity Level: Now change the maturity level by clicking the drop-down under Allowed TV shows and movies. In the maturity levels include Little Kids, Older Kids, Teens, and All Maturity Levels. only Little Kids and Older Kids will show up in the drop-down if the profile is set up as a kid’s profile.
Change the Language: If you want, you can also change the language settings from this screen.
When the process is complete, click the save button.
Add a Netflix Profile and Manage Profiles Settings on Different Devices:
We mostly spend time watching Netflix on our smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, and streaming devices like Roku or Apple. These devices also allow us to create Netflix profiles and manage our settings.
For an iPhone: Click on the More button in the bottom-right corner of the screen. You can create a profile through the Manage Profiles button below.
For iPad and Android devices: Go to the hamburger menu button represented as three horizontal lines in the top-left corner of the screen. Now, from the menu, tap the active profile at the top to reach the Who’s Watching? Then tap Edit at the top-right corner to manage profiles.
For Roku, Apple TV, and most other smart devices: You can simply tap the Plus (+) sign to create a new profile on the Profiles screen. If you want to change the profile, tap the profile you want to change click on the pencil icon.
How Do profiles work on Netflix:
Netflix Profiles allow the different family member to enjoy their own personalized Netflix experience separately. You can create the 5 individual profiles of your single Netflix account.
Note: Profile features are not available for the device before 2013.
Each profile allows for its own:
- The personalized TV show and movie suggestions
- Recently Watched list
- Language preference
- Playback settings
- Email (only with All Maturity rating profiles)
- Maturity level
- My List
*Not yet available on Kids profiles on computers.
If you have an old device that requires an activation code, you will not allow to switch or create profiles from that device. To activate your device visit the Netflix website, choose your favorite profile, and then you can activate your device on Netflix.com/Activate.
Fix Netflix Roku problems:
We provide the solution to your problem you should follow the steps mentioned below;
- Turn on your Roku player and TV. Wait till you get the welcome Roku screen on your TV screen.
- From Roku, go to the ‘Menu’ icon and click on ‘Home’. Under the home, available all details related to channel like the name of channel, store, and settings will be available on the screen.
- Now, you need to click on the ‘My channels’ menu from here. A list of all channels installed in your media player will be displayed on the screen.
- Search for the Netflix app and click on it. With the help of remote keys, you can locate the app. Now highlight the app and click to modify it.
- Go to the sign-out option, search it, and click to sign out of the account.
- If you want to remove the channel, click on the “Remove channel” menu.
- The app will appear on the first page if it does not show in the first page then there is nothing to worry, it may drop down to next page depending on the number of apps installed on the device.
- If the app is removed by mistake or other problems, then download it again. Once downloaded, install it on your Roku app on the phone.
- Now log in the account and fill all related details. If any problems come, then check the username and password carefully.
- If you want to change the profile, then change the username and password first.
You can easily take a free membership from the Netflix account. And also your first month with Netflix is free, though you can technically create multiple accounts for multiple free months if you have several payment methods. But cancel your membership before the end of the month to avoid paying.
Two Ways to Get a Free Netflix account
You can create a Netflix account for free by two methods, and you can take a one-month free trial:
- Visit this site https://www.netflix.com/ by your favorite web browser.
Join free for a month: At the bottom of the page, click on the red button join free for a month.
- Choose a plan: it is best to leave the default top-tier plan because the first month you are not paying. Default top-tier plan allows HD streaming.
- See the Plans: Click on see the plans and read the full plan’s list. This prompted come at the bottom of the page. Note: You can choose the cheaper plan if you do plan on paying for a subsequent month.
- Click on continue.
- Now, create your account.
- Now enter an email address and password you want to use your Netflix account into the bottom text box.
- Click to continue at the bottom of the page.
- You can use two payment method here
Credit Card (or debit card)
PayPal Account (if you have)
Note: The gift card option also available there.
- You are not paying for the first month, but you will have to enter your payments methods information for Netflix to use for subsequent months information. So, in this, you would fill the card cardholder name, card number, card security code, and expiration date.
- If you are a PayPal user, you’ll have to sign into PayPal here and then follow the on-screen instructions to confirm the “purchase” within PayPal.
- When you click on start membership whose option available at the bottom of the page. Your membership will start now.
Delete ‘Continue Watching’ On Netflix
Here are two options available for how to delete ‘Continue Watching’ On Netflix?
- Option A: Delete Items from Viewing Activity
- Option B: Change Profiles
When you use a Netflix account of your family members or friend, and you want no one can see your watching history. When you try a new show, don’t like it, and don’t want Netflix to keep recommending it again to again. For this, you can delete Items from Viewing Activity.
Option A: Delete Items from Viewing Activity
First, you log in to your Netflix account and choose the profile you want to delete continue watching items from.
Delete Items on Mobile Devices
You can apply these instructions to both iPhone and Android phones.
- Click on the more sandwich menu at the bottom right of the screen.
- Open an account that is available on top of the screen and tap the account to edit. Now the account is open is currently using a mobile browser window and directs you to Netflix’s mobile site.
- Scroll down and tap the viewing activity, which is located near the bottom.
- Now, click on the icon that looks like a circle with a line through it.
- Click on the Hide Series? Link to delete the viewing activity.
Delete Items On Desktop Browser
- Go to your Netflix profiles, click the down arrow next to your profile pic at the top right of the screen.
- Choose your Account.
- Select Viewing activity.
- Now, if you want to remove an entire series, select Hide series?
Now you can see the continue watching queue the deleted item will no longer appear.
Option B: Change Profiles
You can have up to five profiles on a single account which can help control what appears on your watchlist.
- Open Netflix. You’ll be login in with your account’s existing profiles.
Select Add Profile.
- Give the name of the new profile as you want and select Continue.
Choose the new profile to begin watching.
- Now you are free to watch on a completely fresh profile without affecting your pre-existing Continue Watching queue.
Cancel your membership:
You can cancel your membership before getting billed or a few days before the renewal period. You’ll perform these steps on your computer
- Go to https://www.netflix.com/ and sign in.
- Choose your account if necessary.
- Go to the profile icon in the top-right corner, then click Account in the drop-down menu.
- In the top-left corner of the page, click cancel membership
- Now, click Finish Cancellation in the upper-left side.
- Open Netflix on your mobile and tap on the icon.
- Join Free for a month: At the bottom of the screen join free for a month will appears tap on it.
- Check the all plans prompted.
- Choose a plan: it is best to leave the default top-tier plan because the first month you are not paying. The default top-tier plan allows HD streaming.
Note: You can choose the cheaper plan if you do plan on paying for a subsequent month.
- Tap to continue.
- Tap Continue when prompted, it will take you to the account creation page.
- Now enter an email address and password you want to use your Netflix account into the bottom text box.
- Click on continue. It is at the bottom of the screen.
- Payment Method: Choose one payment method either the credit card or debit card and PayPal.
- Type all the required payment details, such as the card’s number, name, expiration date, and security code.
- If you are a PayPal user, you must sign in to PayPal here and then follow the on-screen instructions to confirm the “purchase” within PayPal.
- You’ll enter your Apple ID or Touch ID to confirm your iTunes subscription on an iPhone. Now, your membership is active.
- Netflix requires a payment method to set up your account even though you aren’t paying for your first month.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap start membership. Now you can use Netflix free for one month.
This article covers how to Reset Netflix Profile and Switch Netflix Accounts on Roku. And hope that now you have the answer to your query if you want more discussion than you can call us at our toll-free Roku support number.