Roku is a company that provides live streaming with the help of some devices. These Roku streaming devices are Roku express, Roku ultra, Roku streaming stick, Roku Streaming Box. In this article, you will learn how to update the Roku software.
Roku Software Update to Latest Version
Roku software update is essentially needed for the first time installation. After this, you have to update the software on the streaming device. It is supposed to look for the latest version of the software automatically and update it during the setup process.
The player will also check for the latest Roku updates every 24 to 36 hours and execute it randomly whenever the device comes on. However, the Roku device will function as usual during the update process. If you want to know how Roku software update on the streaming device?
Steps for updating your Roku device
Step 1 – Choose the home button on your Roku remote.
Step 2 – Go to the menu option and select settings.
Step 3 – Choose the system option in system update
Step 4 – Select Check Now option and click the OK button.
Step 4 – At last, it will automatically check for new software.
Adding a channel to Roku account this is the best thing that you can apply. If there is any software available, then the Roku player will immediately download and install. In the process of the Roku device update, you may face some problems.
Roku software update issue
Sometimes Roku streaming device is unable to update the latest software then you face some issues. What is the reason behind this error? This question always occurs in your mind. These issues and their solutions are mandatory to know. Many reasons behind the Roku software update failure.
Roku updating errors
However, it is the modern electronic product definitely it will occur problems while updating. So, here we will tell you what the minor problems are and how to fix them quickly.
- Internet connection problems
- Low video quality
- The IP address is wrong.
- Your system needs to be restarted
- Remote is not working
Roku player struck on a Roku activation code screen when you entered the code
If you want to stream the channels, then the Roku activation code is a must. This is very necessary to connect with your device for managing your device.
Guidelines to fix the issues
- Switch off the TV and then power on both the devices
- Try to enter the activation link again.
- After you linked into Roku account, then sign up the account
- Open the devices that are linked
- If you do not get the serial number to wait for the code to update
Roku link code is not found
There are mainly two main reasons if you are not getting the code. First, there is a technical error issue due to the incorrect link. Secondly, there must be a typing error mistake from your side. You can immediately contact the Roku support number.
Your HDMI connection is not intact.
The aim of the HDMI is to combine the devices together using audio and video. Follow these tips to help connect to the HDMI connection.
- Check your HDMI connection is connected
- Try to turn on with the different sequences of the components
- Use the different HDMI input
- Check your video output settings.
If you still think that there is a problem while connecting the HDMI. Roku is 24 hours available for customer help.
Roku Internet connection
A good internet connection is absolutely essential to perform a complete software update. In the case of connection is weak and unexpected network disruption, the device is unable to perform a Roku software update. An error message will be displayed on the screen is ‘Unable to update software’. It also asks you to manually click on ‘Try updating again’. Some error codes displayed during this time are 001, 002, 003 or 005. Then an error message is displayed within Roku’s support site itself.
If you still keep getting the error message after multiple attempts. Then your connectivity issue is the main reason for the Roku software update failure.
- Check the connection with the Roku device to the correct network. The wrong service set identifier (SSID) or the network name can lead to a failed wireless connection. To check if your network selection is correct, then look under the ‘Choose your network” screen.
- Use another device such as a mobile device or a computer to connect to the router. Then see if you can establish a network and access to the Internet.
- Verify if the strength of the wireless signal is strong enough. The password entered by you should be correct and other devices should be able to access the Internet. It is most probably has to do with the strength of your wireless signal. Keep your Roku device as close to the router. Farther your device makes signal weak.
Restart your router and your Roku player
In the last solution, you have to restart your router and your Roku player. Follow these steps-
- Click on the main menu option.
- Go to the setting option and scroll it.
- Find the system option and select this.
- Here you have to tap on “System Restart”.
Sometimes after doing this, the Update can start or if you are also now unable to update the Roku streaming software, then you can try the factory reset option for your Roku device. In factory reset, it erases all the connection or personal data from your Roku device. It takes some extra time to factory reset. Your channel list and settings everything erased if you perform a factory reset. But for the Roku software update, you have to take the step. So now we discuss the Roku factory reset.
Roku factory reset
If you really need to factory reset of your Roku, then you have to follow these steps for doing this.
- In the first step, go to the Setting option.
- Now you have to select the Advance System Setting.
- Then click on the Factory Reset option.
- After this, enter the code which is on your screen.
- You have to follow all the instructions and your Roku will be back in a few minutes.
After doing this, now you can able to establish a network connection with your Roku device. After the establishment of the connection. You are able to use the Roku device and Roku software updated.
I hope this will help you if you still need help or want any further discussion on this topic, then talk to our experts at toll-free Roku customer service.