HBO Go channel on Roku is very famous, and you can subscribe to this channel using a cable TV provider account. On HBO GO, you can watch and streams 1500 movies, latest and past seasons, and the lot more. When you enjoy the streaming revolution, this is the best option for you. If you have cable subscriptions, HBO GO is a free streaming channel for you and available HBO Go On Roku.
Now activate the HBO GO services are activated through HBO GO Roku. If you think it is HBO GO free on Roku? HBO Go is free with an HBO subscription, but that’s the only way to access it. So, in order to use HBO GO, one must first have HBO. And in order to have HBO, one must be paying for cable or satellite ostensibly.
When subscribers once subscribed to the channel, you will be able to access all your favorite HBO content, including top TV shows and movies. You can watch the new series such very popular web series Games Of Thrones Season 8 2019 on HBO 2019 Lineup Trailer (HD) Game of Thrones, Watchmen, Big Little Lies, Euphoria.
But If you want to purchase your subscription directly through the HBO NOW channel for $14.99 per month with an available 30-day free trial offer. This is the difference in price between HBO GO and HBO NOW.
Table of Content :
- Installation Process of the HBO Go Channel
- How to get an activation code for HBO GO on Roku
- How To activate HBO GO on SMART TV
- How to Deactivate the HBO GO Channel
- How to Deactivate the HBO GO Channel on Smart TV
- See the Video for the Better Understanding
- How to resolve Service Error in HBO GO
Installation Process Of The HBO Go Channel On Roku
First, you’ll need to download and install the HBO Go app on your Roku streaming player.
- Navigate to the Streaming channels from your Roku device.
- Now, search the menu and find the HBO GO Roku activate the channel.
- Click to add a channel button and wait to proceed with the process.
- After refreshing the Roku device, you may have to see that the channel will appear on your MY channels.
List of Cable TV Providers To Activate The Channel
To activate the channel, you must have a cable TV provider account. Choose the cable TV provider from the list and get the sign-in credentials.
- Bright House Networks
- Time Warner Cable
- Comcast Xfinity
- Verizon Fios
- Comcast Xfinity
How To Get An Activation Code For HBO GO On Roku
For activation first, need you to have an activation code and your channel provides login credentials;
- Use the Sign-in option through your device hbogo.com/activate to get the activation code.
- Entering the channel’s activation code to hbogo.com/activate.
- You can open this link to your PC and mobile phone and select Roku as your device.
- When the prompt comes at your screen, now enter the TV provider login credentials such as username and password.
- Enter the activation code from your TV and then select activate a device.
- After completing the process, you will receive the success message on your current user device.
Note: The activation code will valid for 15 min. You can generate another code by clicking the option.
Apple, Sony, Amazon and Android devices also support hbogo.com/activate.
Roku Devices That Support HBO Go Channel
Make sure your Roku model supports the channel before you add it to your device. This is the list of roku.com/link devices that are compatible with the HBO GO channel.
- 2nd gen Roku
- 3rd gen Roku
- 4th gen Roku
- Roku Express and Express+
- Roku Premiere and Premiere+
- Roku Streaming Stick and Streaming Stick+
How To Activate HBO GO On SMART TV
See the procedure to activate the HBO GO on your Smart TV (Samsung TV, Android TV, Apple TV, LG TV) follow the given procedure:
- Launch the app of HBO GO on your Smart TV.
- Tap on “Connect your provider account”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to activate your smart TV.
- Visit https://hbogola.com/activate on the browser of your Mobile or Computer, or using the displayed QR code you can activate your smart TV.
- If you are activating your smart TV using the URL, you need to enter the code displayed on your TV screen. Or if you are using QR code and you have already installed the HBO GO app on your phone and you logged in, then you don’t need to put any code. It will automatically activate your smart TV after the QR code scan.
- Now the final step, select your TV provider and put your username and password for your Smart TV. if you have no idea about your username and password, you can call your smart TV provider.
How To Deactivate The HBO GO Channel
You can deactivate the HBO GO channel if you want to when no longer use it. And also, you can re-install the channel at a later point in time. You can follow the instruction below to deactivate account;
- Open your Roku home screen menu.
- Go to MY CHANNELS
- Now, search for and select the HBO GO channel and wait for the menu options to appear.
- Open the settings menu and choose the deactivate account menu followed by the deactivating.
Did you sell your Roku device and forgot to deactivate the HBO GO channel? Don’t worry you can still deactivate your HBO GO channel from the device that is linked to your HBO GO ID.
How To Deactivate The HBO GO Channel On Smart TV
If you wish to discontinue the services of the HBO GO channel, you can easily deactivate it. And also, if you wish to reactivate your HBO GO channel on your Smart TV in the future you can easily reactivate it. See the procedure to Deactivate the HBO GO on your Smart TV (Samsung TV, Android TV, Apple TV, LG TV) follow the given procedure:
- After Launching the HBO GO app, go to the menu of HBO GO.
- Choose “MY HBO”.
- Finally, Tap on “Deactivate”.
See The Video For The Better Understanding
How To Resolve Service Error In HBO GO
When you are getting a Service Error in trying to access HBO GO, then you shouldn’t think as if you don’t have an option to fix this issue because you have its solution. If you are facing a service error, then you can follow the steps given below.
Update HBO GO
You already know a number of problems can be solved when you update your current version. If you are using the latest version of the HBO GO app, most of the issue is already fixed.
To update your app you can go to the app store on the device you’re using, then search for HBO GO followed by checking if there is an update available. If the latest version is available, you can download it and see if the problem is fixed or not.
Restart Your Device
After installing the newer version than you need to restart the device, you’ve installed the HBO Go app on.
- Switch off the device.
- After the wait for 10 seconds and then, turn on the device.
- Now, open the HBO GO app and check if the issue is fixed or not.
Using Play Another Content
If you have been getting the error when playing the same content, so it’s a maybe a simple mistake. You need to confirm whether the issue is confined to one movie or TV show or the entire library of content. It confines if you are sure to particular content, then you will have to get in touch with HBO GO help providers.
Try Another Streaming Device
If you do not find whether the problem has occurred because of your network or the device you were previously using to stream HBO GO content. For this, you need to install HBO GO on another streaming device that is connected to the same network.
Restart Your Network Devices
- Switch off the power of router, modem or any other device that is used for a network connection.
- Wait for 30 seconds before connecting the device back to the power.
- Now, you need to connect to the Internet again.
- Connect the modem back to the power and then wait until the device connects to the internet.
- Now, connect your router to the power and wait for it to connect to the Internet.
- Open the HBO GO app, and you can see if the issue has been fixed or not.
Some Troubleshooting Tips:
login issues or an inability to view content are common problems of HBO Go service. If, after the password and login have been verified, a user still cannot log in, it is an issue with their TV provider and the provider will need to be contacted. If a user can log in, but the content is not available, that is, an HBO Go issue and it should contact HBO Go.
Another common problem is too many users or devices attempting to access the same account.
Double-check with your provider to determine the number of permitted users or devices.
Now you can enjoy all the available HBO shows and movies directly through your Roku. It requires no more switching between cable or satellite and Roku watches everything from one device.
I hope this will help you to resolve your problem if not, don’t worry dial our toll-free Roku customer service number for further assistance.