If the Roku is not connecting to the Internet via the router or access to the Internet, you may not be able to configure it. If your network or internet connection is lost after setting up your device, then you may not be able to run channels that require internet connection or experience airborne barriers.
Read More :- How to Fix Roku Infrared Remote Problems
Reason of Roku Not Connecting To Internet
There are two reasons:
- You cannot establish a connection with your wireless router. But this is what we will help you correct in this publication.
- You are Connected to Your Router And Getting Internet but Not Able to Stream Any Videos Using the Internet.
Read More :- Know How to Turn Off Roku Device
If Roku Not Connecting To Internet Router?
- You used the wrong password, or you selected the wrong network.
- Your Roku is out of the range of wireless coverage or less network power.
- You may have an old wireless router.
Read More :- Fix Roku Device is in connection to the internet
Quick Solution To Roku Not Connecting Issue
Make sure that the router’s DNS configuration is configured correctly on an external IP address. If DNS1 or DNS2 appears as an internal IP device, such as 192.168.1.x, Roku will not be connected to the internet.”
Below are some example error screens when you see “Roku Unable to connect to the wireless network,” or “Not connected to the internet”?
Read More :- How to Search Movies or TV Shows on Roku
- This screen may appear for the first time when you try to connect your Roku transmission device to your wireless network.
- The following screen can appear when Roku tries to connect after the wireless network’s name and password is entered.
- The following screen may appear when you try to run a broadcast channel if you lose network or internet connection.
- If your network or internet connection is lost during playback, then you can see the following error screen.
Read More :- How to Cast YouTube or Netflix on Roku
How To Check Roku Wireless or Internet Connection?
- Press the Home button.
- Then select Settings.
- Select the Network option.
- And last select Check connection.
Read More :- Fix No Sound in Video Error on Roku
Confirm The Connection For The Two-Part Test
- The first part confirms the connection to your home network and tests the quality of the signal.
- Part second verifies that you are connected to the Internet and measure the speed of that connection.
If wireless signal power or internet speed is low, on-screen instructions will be provided to help solve the problem.
Read More :- Know Everything About Roku YouTube Account
Note: If your Roku Is Not Connecting to the local wireless network, you will not see the Czech connection option. But you will only see set up connection options.
Some Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Although, getting the Roku streaming media player back online is usually not a big deal you can do it quickly and easily. Well in most cases, if the Roku streaming device is not able to connect to the internet. Certainly, the problem may not with the Roku media player itself.
Read More :- How To Fix Roku Overheating Problems
But even the internet router, or other connecting devices and methods, or the connection settings may disturb in your home. If you wish to start the troubleshooting for Roku media streaming device’s connectivity issues.
You can start it with the checking of your physical hardware as the first step. To do so try to make sure that all the connecting cables are connected properly. Also, after that must ensure it is connected to the proper network or not?
Read More:- Know why Roku device stopped working?
Run Internet Speed Test
When your Roku streaming media player is connected to the internet. If the internet connection is weak? Then do the following steps:
- Open the settings menu on the Roku device.
- After that Go to the “Network” option.
- Then select the “Check connection” option.
Read More :- How to Enable Closed Caption on Roku
The device will now do the test to check the connection and quality of the internet signal and its speed. This whole process will let you know that either you are facing any issues or not? Which may be caused due to a poor connection.
Assuming that the current signal strength and the speed of your router are good and sufficient. You should then try to turn off such other devices that are using the internet from your router.
Read More :- How to Get Disney Now Channel on Roku
It will offer some more bandwidth to your Roku media streamer. Also, you can try to move the Roku streaming player close to the internet router to improve the connection strength.
Must Restart Roku Device
Somewhere or other it is a fact that restart can help with many devices. Therefore restarting your Roku streaming player may often improve its performance and connection automatically.
Read More :- How to Stream My Content on Roku via USB
- Go to the “Settings” option.
- Then select the “System” option.
- After that choose the “System restart”.
This process lets you reboot your Roku streaming device. Also, you should consider restarting your router as well.
Reconnect Ethernet Cable To Roku
As you are unable to plug in an ethernet cable into the Roku streaming stick. Therefore you should use a cable to connect the compatible Roku media player physically to the internet. Because this will create the most robust and strong connection.
Read More:- Know to find wireless Name and Password on Roku
How To Fix Roku Is Not Connecting To Internet?
Follow these basic steps to resolve this problem:
1. Please enter the correct wireless network name
Always enter the correct name recognition for your wireless network. An incorrect password changes the identity of the entire network, which makes it incompatible with the password.
Read More :- Increased Storage Space With MicroSD on Roku
For those who are not sure about their network specifications, they recommend seeking help to determine their network specifications. If you are selecting a wrong network name, you can not connect with the network.
2. Enter the Correct Password
The passwords are targeted to be very sensitive to detail. This is in the case of lower instances and unique keys current on the keyboard. Miss typing the keys is a frequent issue, and for this reason, one is recommended to try the password over and over again minding the specifications.
Read More :- Know How to Cancel Roku Subscription
3. Check your router works properly.
With your computer or mobile device, contact your home network and try to reach the Internet by starting public websites like roku.com. If you can connect to the Internet from any other device.
Then your router provides good internet access and you can go to the next step. If the Roku TV is not connecting the Internet, try restarting the router before contacting your internet service provider.
Read More :- Know How to Create Roku Account
4. Improve your wireless internet network speed
If the password is correct and other devices can access the router, but Roku can not still connect to your wireless network, then the problem is in your strength of the wireless signal.
Read more :- Know 15 Tips to Stop Video Buffering on Roku
Whenever your router device comes from your router, and the wireless signal becomes weak with more obstacles (such as walls and cabinets) between your router and your Roku device.
5. Reset Roku device or router and default factory settings
- Connect Roku with your TV.
- Press Home Key from Roku remote.
- Then select Settings from the home list.
- After the select setting goes to the System and presses the OK button.
Read More:- How to active Google Play Showtime subscription
- In the System, the option selects the Advanced System Settings option and press the OK button.
- Now you can see Factory Settings select this and press OK.
- Now it will display the code with the box as the keyboard. Use the up and down arrow keys on the Roku remote to select numbers and press OK.
- Enter the four-digit code and press OK.
- Wait for one minute and is being reset.
- Roku should now be restored in the default configuration, and you can reconfigure it completely as a new Roku device.
Read More :- Know about the best Roku device
Roku Error Codes: Learn How To Correct?
Error code 009: This code means that the Roku device is connected to the router but can not connect to the Internet. If there is no connection, contact your internet service provider for assistance. If your computer has an internet connection and you still see error 009, then restart your Roku.
Read More :- Know How to use Roku Voice Search
Error code 012: This is an error related specifically to Ethernet. Verify that the Ethernet cable connected to your Roku device and router. If possible, please try a different Ethernet wire. If the cable is good, then try to restart your Roku device and router. To more information on how to resolve Roku error code 012
Read More :- Know how to activate and set up a Roku account
Error code 013: This is an error related specifically to Ethernet. Verify that the router works correctly. If you can connect to the Internet from any other device, restart your Roku. Otherwise, try disconnecting and reconnecting the Ethernet cable. If the problem persists, restart the router before communicating with your ISP.
Read More :- Know how to set up your Roku TV
We hope that this will help you to fix Roku is not connecting to the Internet. In any case, if you are still unable to solve this error on your own, feel free to contact our Roku customer service by visiting roku.com/link or call us